Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a basic WooCommerce plugin, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] Before we start customizing code,…we're going to create our own plugin,…actually more of a shell, because this plug-in…isn't really going to do anything on its own.…It's what we're going to use to put all of our code in…that we're going to write through the rest of this course.…Let's go ahead and open up our code editor.…I'm using Atom, but you can use any code editor you like.…You should already have WordPress and WooCommerce installed.…What I can do here is I can drag and drop…my entire WordPress site onto the Atom icon…and it'll open the project for me.…
Even though we're primarily going to edit files…in the plugins directory, I like to see the whole project.…So go ahead and open up your entire WordPress site…in your code editor.…If you can't drag and drop your folder,…you can open the project under File,…Add Project Folder,…or something similar in your code editor.…So we're going to create a plug-in.…So let's go to wp-content and then plugins.…The first thing we have to do…is create a folder for our plugin.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.