Any block can be turned into a reusable block from the More Options button on the Block toolbar. Once a reusable block is created, it can be added to any other post or page by selecting it from the Reusable Block" section of the block inserter.
- [Instructor] For me, reusable blocks…is the most exciting feature of the block editor…and once you see how it works,…I think you'll agree with me.…So I'm on this page which is eventually going to…become the front page and at the very bottom of this page,…I've added this section.…So here I've added just a separator with some dots…using the dots style for the separator.…You can see in this theme,…we have three styles for the separator.…Below that, I've added a columns block with two columns.…In the left hand column, I have the logo for the company…and in the right hand column, I have three elements.…So here we first have a heading, then we have a paragraph…and then we have a button.…
And I just know that at some point,…when I'm building out pages,…I'll want to reuse this particular block here…because this is the call to action box that I'll use…and I don't really know where it's going to appear.…In some posts it may appear at the top.…In some, it may appear in the center…and in some, it may appear at the bottom…
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.