Join Jeff Starr for an in-depth discussion in this video Control proxy access, part of WordPress: Developing Secure Sites .
- [Instructor] Proxy servers, such as the one shown here,…can be used by legitimate visitors,…but also are used by attackers to disguise their identity.…Some sites allow all proxy visits,…while others may want to block proxies…and require visitors to use their true identity.…It may be impossible to block 100%…of proxy visits to your site,…but you can block most of them.…In this video you'll learn how to control proxy access…with PHP and HTAccess.…
Keep in mind that not all proxies are evil,…so only use this technique if you're sure…that you don't want anyone visiting via proxy.…To block proxy visits, the first thing we want to do…is add a code snippet to our site's…root HTAccess file.…To do so, visit the exercise files for this course…and copy the HTAccess code snippet.…Then return to the file editor…and paste the code before any existing HTAccess rules.…To learn the details about how this code works,…visit the short URLs provided here.…
Next, save and upload the file to the server.…This first step is now complete.…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.