Are you a business that needs to start a blog from scratch? Dayna Rothman, senior marketer at Marketo, shows how to choose a blogging platform and design your first blog. Then she dives into creating content that will drive conversions—writing on your own or with inside and outside contributors. Finally, she explains how to promote your blog and measure the impact of your marketing efforts. Start now and learn how to connect with customers and market your business online with great blog content.
- Recognize three factors to consider when selecting a blogging platform.
- Recall the key function of the post title.
- List three characteristics of good visuals for a blog post.
- Determine the first place to promote a blog post.
- Identify the benefits of using influencer marketing strategies.
- Summarize three types of goals you might set for your blog.
Skill Level Intermediate
- In today's noisy and complex marketing landscape, blogging helps you amplify your business's message and voice. Your buyers are living in a multi-channel and multi-device world. Not only are your customers doing their own research online, but they also expect their content to be personalized, educational, and conversational. Blogging is a great way to develop those relationships, give your brand visibility, all while creating an approachable and humanistic brand persona. My name is Dayna Rothman, and I am head of content marketing for Marketo, a leading marketing automation software company in Silicon Valley.
I'm also executive editor of the blog at Marketo and author of Lead Generation for Dummies. In this course, I wanna share with you the concepts behind creating a great business blog. I'll talk to you about how to design your blog, engage your audience, create blog content that converts into leads, and how to promote your blog across multiple channels. Business blogging is a critical way to get found by your audience. When done well, blogging not only helps you grow your business and voice, but it will also help you to become a trusted thought leader in your space.