Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Consider other payment methods, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- There are a ton of payment gateway options out there.…And if you're working with a client,…they may require you to use a specific gateway.…Like FirstData or Authorize.Net.…And mostly, gateways are pretty similar to set up.…I'm going to highlight a few extra ways to take payment.…The only default gateway we didn't look into…was the Amazon Payments gateway.…It's actually a pretty great service,…but a little bit putzy to set up.…The nice thing about it is,…if you think your customer base is already on Amazon,…they can click the log-in and pay with Amazon button…on your checkout,…and it uses the credit card they have on file with Amazon.…
Quite nice if your customer base is already…diehard Amazon fans.…EDD Wallet lets users add a deposit to your store.…And then they can use that deposit to pay for downloads.…I really like this extension,…in case you want to reward certain customers.…When you have enough customer goodwill,…they'll actually do a ton for you.…I've had customers send in patches for software,…and then after that I give them a lifetime license…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.