Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring theme options, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- In the past two movies, I've taken you…to the theme options and shown you specific features.…So now let's just walk through the rest of the theme options…so you understand what they do…and whether or not you should use them.…Here, it's important to point out…that as of about October, 2015,…all themes in the WordPress theme directory…are required to remove the Theme Options panel altogether…and move all these features into the Customizer.…So depending on when you watch this course…and how fast the theme developer updates the theme,…you may see all the features I'm about to show you…only in the Customizer instead.…
To get to the Theme Options, as you've seen before,…you go to the backend, go to Appearance, and Theme Options.…From here, you have five tabs,…so let's walk through each of the tabs in turn.…The first tab is called Basic Settings…and starts off by giving you the option to add a Favicon.…However, if you go to the front end of your site,…open the Customizer, and click on Site Identity,…you can also add a Site Icon or Favicon here.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.