Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring redirection and landing pages, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- With Pie Register installed and activated…we can change the method and user experience…of registering and logging into the site.…And we're gonna start by swapping out…the default login pages…for pages that we can control.…In a previous movie I showed you that…even though we don't have public links to these pages,…if you know the right URLs…you can always navigate to the default…WordPress login page…or the default WordPress registration page…when you set up your wedding site.…Now we want to change these pages…into pages we can control…and we're gonna use Pie Register to do just that.…
When you activated Pie Register…you didn't just get this menu item with its sub-menu…but if you go to your Pages,…you'll notice you also got four new pages.…One called Pie Register - Forgot Password,…one called Pie Register - Login,…one called Pie Register - Profile…and one called Pie Register - Registration.…And these four pages are meant to take over…for the default functionality of WordPress.…Meaning when you want to register to the site,…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.