Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring email notifications, part of WordPress: Contact Forms.
- [Instructor] We've covered how you can create a form…and customize the fields in that form.…Now let's customize the email notifications.…Let's go to Contact, we'll select our form,…and the email notification settings are pretty easy to spot.…They're in the Mail tab right here.…And if we open this, we can see everything we expect.…We can see the To email address,…which is usually the admin email address…for this WordPress site.…We can see where it comes from, the subject line,…reply to headers, and, of course, the message body.…
One thing it doesn't do is include…any extra information that we added.…So, since we added a telephone field,…we have to add it manually to this email.…If you notice, it's just the name,…subject, and message body,…so we need to add that telephone field.…So, if I go down here, and right beneath From and Subject,…I type in Phone, then I can copy and paste our field,…which we can see at the top.…So, right up here, here's Tel with a number…specifying exactly which telephone field it is.…And I can copy and paste this right there.…
- Choosing the right plugin for you
- Best practices with forms
- Understanding email deliverability
- Using Jetpack, Contact Form 7, Ninja Forms, and Gravity Forms
- Creating and adding a basic form
- Creating extra fields
- Using conditional logic in your form
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Pluginswith Patrick Rauland2h 27m Intermediate
WordPress Plugins: Advanced Custom Fieldswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen1h 39m Intermediate
1. An Introduction to Contact Forms
2. Using Jetpack Contact Form
3. Using Contact Form 7
4. Using Ninja Forms
5. Using Gravity Forms
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.