Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring Jetpack, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- The first plugin we're gonna install is Jetpack.…Now, in this course I'm just gonna be using…a couple of the features in Jetpack.…If you want to know about all the features…that come with this great plugin,…you should go to jetpack.me.…On this website you get a rundown…of every single feature.…You can see which ones are more popular with users,…and you also get things like support…and news about this particular plugin.…And here it's important to note,…for Jetpack to work properly…you need to have a WordPress.com account.…I'll explain why in a second,…but if you want to follow along,…and I'm gonna crash through this pretty quickly,…you need to have a WordPress.com account ready…and you need to be logged in to your WordPress.com account.…
Alright, to install Jetpack…I go to the backend of my site.…Navigate down to Plugins,…and click Add New.…From here I'll go searching for Jetpack.…And I'll find it, install it, and activate it.…Once Jetpack is activated on your site,…you immediately get this message.…"Your Jetpack is almost ready!…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.