General settings, title settings
- [Instructor] Now that we've installed…and activated the plugin, let's configure it.…We can click on All in One SEO…in the sidebar to get started.…This will open up our General Settings.…You may notice a warning up here…about search engines not being able…to index your site.…If you see that, that means that WordPress…is telling search engines to ignore your site.…If you're currently working on a test site, that's fine,…but if this is your live site,…you need to turn that off.…It is the opposite of what we're…trying to do in this course.…
We can click here.…You can also get to it through Settings,…and then Reading.…We'll scroll down, and make sure…that this is unchecked.…Click Save Settings, and then let's continue.…I'm going to start by minimizing this banner up here,…we don't need that.…Now let's go through these settings.…There are a lot of settings here,…but we're going to focus on just a few…that are important for us.…Canonical URLs are very useful…and should be turned on by default.…
Sometimes, with WordPress,…
- Considering keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Preventing confusion with tags and categories
- Installing and activating Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. SEO All in One Pack
3. Yoast SEO
4. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.