Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure tax settings, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Narrator] We've added a few products,…and we've given the customer a way to check out and pay.…So everything is working, but we do have to…spend a little bit of time with regulation.…And I'm specifically talking about taxes.…We can configure EDD to collect taxes based on your Nexus,…which is where you have a business presence.…Before we get into how to do this,…I want to touch on Nexus quickly.…I strongly recommend that you talk with a tax professional…about what qualifies as Nexus for you and your business.…But some general rules of thumb.…
If you have an office in a state,…you likely have Nexus there.…If you have employees, you likely have Nexus there.…And sometimes, if you have an affiliate in a state,…you might have Nexus there.…So make sure to talk with a tax professional…to figure out what your business needs are.…Once you've determined where you have Nexus,…you can configure EDD to collect taxes for that region.…So let's go to our site, we'll go to downloads,…settings, and now taxes.…You're definitely going to want to click this,…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.