Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure the sidebar, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] One of the things I noticed…on the product page is that we see information…about our blog such as Recent Posts,…Recent Comments, our blog Categories,…our Archives and Meta information…like logging in and out of the site.…What would be more helpful is to see information…regarding our product and other products.…We can change this by going to admin…and then Appearance and then Widgets.…Let's get rid of all of the default widgets…except for Search.…
So, I'll open up each one and then click Delete.…Let's add our Cart widget so that way…people can see what's in their cart.…Blog Sidebar sounds good.…There it is.…Also, I like this setting right here Hide if cart is empty.…Let's turn that on and then I'd like…to add Download Categories.…This is different than blog Categories…because this is just our different products.…
I also like this checkbox here…that lets us Hide Empty Categories…in case you create categories…and then you never end up filling them…it's just nice to hide that stuff.…If you're selling software and you have…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.