Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure settings, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] Now that we have an empty settings tab,…we can start to put some settings in there.…Let's start with our hook.…In this case, we're not going to use a filter,…because there's nothing to filter.…But we can use an add action, a line 22.…Add action, and then we put the action name in here.…Unfortunately, we don't know the name of the action.…So let's take a look at something clever.…WooCommerce creates dynamic hooks,…and we can see this under includes, admin, views,…and then html admin settings.…
And if we scroll down just a little bit here,…we can see do action, woocommerce settings,…underscore, and a variable.…So what they're doing here is they're creating dynamic hooks…based on whatever the current tab is.…And we know what the current tab is,…going back to here and looking at this key right there.…So we can go, add action, woocommerce settings,…underscore, and then whatever's right here,…opening dash hours.…
Now this looks a little bad,…because I have underscore, underscore, dash.…And that's because I didn't follow best practices.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.