Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure payment options, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] We have one more big thing…to do before someone can checkout…and that's set up payment.…There's not much point building an online store…unless you can accept payment.…Let's go to the EDD payment settings.…We'll go to Downloads, Settings,…and then Payment Gateways.…In an earlier video, we set our currency…under the General settings tab…to U.S. dollars.…Make sure you've done that…before you set up your payment gateways.…Now on this page, we can do a few things.…We can turn on and off gateways,…we can turn on Test Mode,…we can set a default,…and we can display some credit card icons.…
Notice that there isn't anything here about SSL…or HTTPS.…Some payment gateways, like Stripe,…require you to use HTTPS…and to use HTTPS,…you'll need to have an SSL Certificate…installed by your host.…The good news is that in the last couple years,…it's become close to free to do so…because of Let's Encrypt.…Most hosts will have a button…that allows you to install this…for free in just a few minutes.…I use WP Engine for my personal sites…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.