Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure other general settings, part of WordPress Plugins: SEO.
- [Instructor] Continuing on through the general settings,…we'll scroll down to Custom Post Types.…So if you have a plugin or some custom programming…that adds extra types of content to your site,…you might want to add SEO information for that content.…So if you use an eCommerce plugin like WooCommerce,…you might see products listed here,…and I recommend checking that checkbox.…Extra SEO information is almost always good.…Scroll down to the Verification section.…You'll definitely want to verify your sites,…because Google, or other search engines,…will email you if there's a problem…indexing your site, but I'm not convinced…that verifying them through a plugin…like this is the best way.…
There are usually easier options.…For example, once you've setup Google Analytics…for your site, see the WordPress Plugins: Analytics course…in the library, you can just click a button…and verify owner of the site through…your Analytics account.…It's just a few clicks.…I recommend verifying sites that way,…but if you want, you can verify it this way too.…
- Considering keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Preventing confusion with tags and categories
- Installing and activating Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. SEO All in One Pack
3. Yoast SEO
4. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.