In this video, learn how to configure general SEO settings.
- [Narrator] Continuing through the general settings, … we'll scroll down to the section on custom post types, … or as this plugin calls it, content types. … If you have a plugin or some custom programming … that adds extra information to your site, … you might want to add SEO information to that content. … So if you use a eCommerce plugin like WooCommerce, … you might see products listed right here. … And I recommend checking that checkbox. … Basically, this setting tells the plugin … what screens you want to display … the controls that add extra SEO information. … And we're going to show you how to do that … in a future video. … This next section is about verification. … You definitely want to verify your sites … because Google will email you … if there is a problem indexing your site. … While you can verify your site through a plugin, … you can also verify through other means. … For example, once you've set up Google Analytics … for your site, see the WordPress course about Analytics …
- Keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Installing Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 38m Intermediate
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. All in One SEO Pack
3. WordPress SEO by Yoast
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast Settings
5. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.