On a paid membership site using Restrict Content Pro, you can restrict access to content within individual posts and pages based on member levels. Learn how to get the most out of these restriction options in this online video tutorial.
- [Voiceover] In the previous movie I showed you…how to restrict access to categories and tags…and individual posts and pages.…With Restrict Content Pro we can also choose to restrict…sections within individual posts or pages.…That way, you can display part of a post or page…and then say, to gain access to the full content…you have to subscribe to a specific level…or do something like that.…To get this to work, we first have to set…the posted self to public.…I'm going to turn off these features…we turned on in a previous movie…and then I'll use the restrict shortcode to specify…what section within the post I want to restrict.…
Let me show you how that works.…First I'll scroll up to my content,…and then decide where I want to truncate the content.…So let's say in this very long post here,…I want to go down past the two first paragraphs…to maybe here, and then I want to restrict the content…to say, to see this content you have to be…a Master level subscriber.…I'll start by putting in the shortcode.…It's just restrict wrapped in square brackets.…
Choose the solution you think will work for you and watch that chapter, or watch the entire course before making a decision.
- What is a paid membership site?
- Installing plugins
- Configuring membership management pages
- Adding payment options
- Configuring access
- Creating discount codes
- Receiving recurring payments
- Setting up drip content
- Managing members
Skill Level Intermediate
Finance Essentials for Small Businesswith Jim Stice54m 37s Appropriate for all
1. What Is Paid Membership?
2. Building a Paid Membership Site with Restrict Content Pro
3. Building a Paid Membership Site with iThemes Exchange Membership
Thank you1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.