Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure XML sitemaps, part of WordPress Plugins: SEO.
- [Instructor] One of the great features built into…Yoast SEO is the XML Sitemap functionality.…This is helpful for search engines,…as it helps them get a full list of pages to crawl.…They don't have to find each one manually.…So you could get a separate Sitemap plugin,…and I'm usually a fan of multiple smaller plugins…that each do their own thing.…But SEO functionality, and XML Sitemap functionality,…are so similar, that this is one of those cases…where it's easier for everything to be in one plugin.…Remember to turn on the Advanced settings pages right here,…as I've shown you in previous videos,…and then you'll see XML Sitemaps…under Yoast SEO in the menu.…
Let's click that to go to the Settings page…and make sure that it's enabled up here.…And that's basically it.…There are some options for excluding certain types of posts…or certain taxonomies, or even specific posts.…I tend to like excluding media posts.…Let's go ahead and click Save Changes,…because what I really want to do here…is show you what the XML Sitemap actually looks like.…
- Considering keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Preventing confusion with tags and categories
- Installing and activating Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. SEO All in One Pack
3. Yoast SEO
4. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.