In this video, create and submit XML sitemaps with Yoast.
- [Instructor] One of the great features built into … Yoast SEO plugin is the XML Sitemap functionality. … XML Sitemaps are helpful for search engines … as it gives them the full list of pages to crawl. … They don't have to find each page manually … by clicking on every single one of your links. … You could get a separate sitemap plugin … and I'm typically a fan of multiple smaller plugins … that each do their own thing, … but because SEO functionality and XML Sitemap functionality … are so similar this is one of those cases where … it's easier for all the features to be in one plugin. … Let's go to our admin and then we can see our sitemap … under Yoast SEO, … General, and then Features. … And we want to make sure XML Sitemaps is turned on. … What I want to do is show you what a sitemap … actually looks like. … Let's click on this little question mark here. … And we can see that it explains what it does here. … It adds the XML Sitemaps and we can actually see … the XML Sitemap right here. …
- Keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Installing Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 38m Intermediate
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. All in One SEO Pack
3. WordPress SEO by Yoast
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast Settings
5. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.