Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure Visual Studio Code workspace settings, part of WordPress: Building Progressive Themes with WP Rig.
- One of the central development tools … of WP Rig is code lenting. … The flagging of any code that doesn't … meet a certain standard. … In WP Rig every line of PHP CSS and Java Script … to your right gets checked against the work … pressed coding standards out of the box … to keep your code clean, … and well standardized. … This code linting happens during the dev process, … and any errors get output in the command line terminal. … Which is helpful, … but not very useful … because you have to go back and manually … fix it afterwards, … and you often have to track down where the errors are. … To take full advantage of this built in code linting, … and even get some of your errors … and messy code cleaned up automatically, … I recommend adding some useful editor extensions … and hooking them into the configuration files in WP Rig. … In VS code I've installed a couple of these extensions … that are really helpful. … They are ESLint, which Lint Java Script … and ES next, … PHPCS the PHP code sniffer which looks for errors in PHP, …
- Setting up a WordPress theme development environment
- Installing WP Rig
- Building, activating, and testing a new progressive theme
- Editing CSS
- Using web fonts
- Editing existing templates
- Adding advanced features
- Translating a theme
Skill Level Beginner
WP Rig: A primer2m 5s
1. Configure a Development Environment for WP Rig
2. Install and Configure WP Rig
4. PHP and WordPress Templates
6. Extending WP Rig: A Practical Example
7. Going Further with WP Rig
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.