Register the app as an authorized client in the WP OAuth Server plugin in WordPress.
- [Instructor] The stand alone task book app rests,…no pun intended, on our ability…to authenticate users and their…requests to the WordPress REST API.…In this course, I'm going to use…OAuth 2 Authentication to achieve this.…OAuth 2 is one of several authentication…methods you can use.…For more information on authentication and the…REST API, go check out WordPress REST API: Authentication.…To authenticate requests to the WordPress REST API…through OAuth 2, we first have to have set up the…WP OAuth 2 Server plug-in on the WordPress back end.…
Like I explained before, as of this recording,…this is the only available OAuth 2 plug-in,…and to use it with our app you need to have the premium…version which you can get from wp-oauth.com.…The first step in the process is to install…and activate the WP OAuth Server,…and you can see I've done that here.…Once you've installed and activated this plug-in,…you'll also need to go to the status for the plug-in,…and go to licenses and include…your license so that you get all the features.…
- Planning the application
- Extending WordPress with a plugin
- Setting up the standalone application
- Configuring OAuth 2 in WordPress
- Building the task list view
- Building the new task view
- Creating a new task via the REST API
- Displaying conditional content
- Visualizing data using Graph.js
Skill Level Advanced
1. Plan the Application
2. Extend WordPress with a Plugin
3. Set Up the Standalone Application
Review of user flow2m 34s
4. Build the Task List View
5. Build the New Task View
6. Build the Update/View Task View
7. Bonus Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.