Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure Browersync, part of WordPress: Building Progressive Themes with WP Rig.
- [Teacher] WP Rig ships with BrowserSync pre configured … and enabled meaning when you spin up your dev process, … BrowserSync spins up the dev site in your browser … and updates automatically as you make changes. … This is incredibly useful for theme development. … You don't have to constantly refresh your browser … because BrowserSync does it for you … and you can see your site live in multiple browsers … on your computer and on other devices on your local network … all at the same time. … And when you interact with one of those browsers … all the other browsers see … the same interaction at the same time. … To get processing to work you have to configure it … to talk to your local development environment. … That's done in config.json … So hear inside config.default.json … you'll see under the theme settings you have dev settings … and inside dev settings you have BrowserSync … which is set to live and then has a proxy URL and so on. … So I'm going to copy this section here so dev down …
- Setting up a WordPress theme development environment
- Installing WP Rig
- Building, activating, and testing a new progressive theme
- Editing CSS
- Using web fonts
- Editing existing templates
- Adding advanced features
- Translating a theme
Skill Level Beginner
WP Rig: A primer2m 5s
1. Configure a Development Environment for WP Rig
2. Install and Configure WP Rig
4. PHP and WordPress Templates
6. Extending WP Rig: A Practical Example
7. Going Further with WP Rig
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.