Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Comply with EU VAT, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] If you want to see…how complicated and confusing taxes are,…read through this old issue for Easy Digital Downloads.…You can see the developers and community members…talk about how to handle a new type of tax…where that code should live,…and who it gets applied to.…One specific thing that's really complex for merchants,…is the EU VAT tax.…And before you skip this video,…this does apply to both merchants in the EU,…and merchants outside of the EU.…So it applies to everyone.…Now, this page here is an unofficial guide,…but it's one of the best organized guides…to understanding EU VAT tax.…
I'll summarize it as best as I can.…If you sell digital products to the EU,…you have to collect and remit those taxes.…You may think because you live outside of the EU,…that you do not have to comply with any of their tax laws,…which is entirely understandable.…And if you read through that GitHub issue,…that's what many of the developers say.…However, without getting into the details,…there are mechanisms that the EU can use,…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.