- [Instructor] Looking at this media and text block, … you're probably thinking, "Huh, I could use this, … "but what if I wanted to add more columns … "next to one another? … "Or what if I don't want this particular combination … "of a media element and then some text?" … Well, that's why we have the columns block. … The columns block allows us to quite literally … add a series of columns containing individual blocks … within the single block. … Let me show you how that works. … Down here, I'll add a new block. … Scroll down and find Layout Elements … and select the Columns block. … As of WordPress 5.3, when you add a new columns block, … you get a layout options panel … where you can choose a pre-configured layout … or make a custom one. … I'm going to choose this one over here, … three columns, wide center column. … Once a columns block is created, … you have complete control over all the columns within it. … So if you select the outermost columns block, … you can choose the number of columns over here …
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.