- Once you've written your blog post,…it's now time to choose your blog images.…Eye-catching visuals are an important aspect of any blog.…They draw in your reader's attention,…and honestly, they keep their attention throughout the blog.…They also bring life to your blog post,…we live, again, in a very visual world,…so you want to make sure that you…have those visual elements to each of your posts.…A key here is to stay away from photos that can be perceived…as fake and cheesy, basically stock imagery.…
So the photo I've chosen here,…is a good example of a piece of stock photo.…So as you can see, it's people in a business environment,…giving the high-five, giving the thumbs up,…this is something that in businesses, we see a lot of,…and it's not something that readers of a blog,…will really love or appreciate.…We've actually done studies,…with imagery like this at Marketo,…to determine the effectiveness of super stock imagery,…such as business people giving high-fives,…versus more editorial, and for our blog,…the editorial imagery is what really drives shares,…
Are you a business that needs to start a blog from scratch? Dayna Rothman, senior marketer at Marketo, shows how to choose a blogging platform and design your first blog. Then she dives into creating content that will drive conversions—writing on your own or with inside and outside contributors. Finally, she explains how to promote your blog and measure the impact of your marketing efforts. Start now and learn how to connect with customers and market your business online with great blog content.
- Recognize three factors to consider when selecting a blogging platform.
- Recall the key function of the post title.
- List three characteristics of good visuals for a blog post.
- Determine the first place to promote a blog post.
- Identify the benefits of using influencer marketing strategies.
- Summarize three types of goals you might set for your blog.