- [Instructor] As you might expect, using insecure plugins…and themes puts your site at risk.…Indeed, WordPress itself is very secure, but if you install…a plugin or theme that contains any sort of vulnerability,…your entire site may be targeted and attacked.…Choosing trusted plugins and themes only takes…a few minutes and you can most of it from the comfort…of the WordPress Admin Area.…In this tutorial, we'll demonstrate some practical…guidelines and helpful tips for choosing safe and secure…plugins and themes.…The goal is simple: review as much information as it takes…to make the best choice.…
There are no hard and fast rules, but applying some…practical guidelines will help you choose safe…and reliable plugins.…When choosing plugins, look for trusted plugins that…are hosted at the WordPress Plugin Directory.…And check out the plugin's ratings and reviews.…Also, look for plugins that are actively developed.…Check the version number and time since the last update.…Compatibility is also important.…Check the latest compatible WordPress version and check…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.