Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Checking that the site meets with specifications, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- Now that our theme is customized…and we've set up and configured all of our plugins,…we need to do a full review to make sure…that what we've done so far on the site matches…with our goals, our needs, and our requirements.…You'll remember that for this site,…our goals were to increase membership…through providing memberships with extra information,…it was to showcase membership achievements…through blog posts and other information,…it was to provide the community with communication tools…so that it can exchange information and talk to each other,…and it was to organize and promote events on the website.…
Based on this, we defined the needs,…which were to create a blog that also has featured posts…that we can market either in the sidebar…or at the top of the site,…to set up a community forum where people can make sales,…exchange information about jobs,…and talk about other topics,…set up an events calendar with community submissions…so the organization can promote their events…and so other people can send in events to be promoted,…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.