In this video, learn how to use a plugin to display a template used in WordPress.
- [Instructor] Earlier in this course, we removed the author … from the post meta near the top of the posts. … And I think this is a nice way … to clear up single-author sites. … While we don't need a username up here, … we can still share who wrote this post. … So, let's jump into a template part. … I'm going to open up my code editor, … and I'm going to go to my parent theme, 2019, template-parts, … post, and then author-bio. … At the top, we see, if bool, … get_the_author_meta description, … then do a whole bunch of stuff. … This is basically saying, if the author has a description, … then show all of this extra information. … I was pretty happy when I stumbled across this file. … There's basically hidden functionality … that I didn't know existed until I read this code. … So, let's fill out our author bio … and then come back to this. … I'll go back to my site. … I will go ahead and open up the admin. … I'll go to Users. … I'll open up my user, and I'll scroll down … and I'll just add some biographical data. …
- Setting up your development environment and editor
- Picking a parent theme
- Creating a child theme
- Including style sheets
- Creating and modifying styles
- Modifying functions
- Hooking functions
- Creating and modifying template files
- Adding menus and functionality
- Migrating theme files to a live WordPress site
Skill Level Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 13s
1. Building on a Solid Foundation
2. Creating a Child Theme
3. Child Themes and CSS
4. Working with Function Files
5. Working with Template Files
6. Add New Functionality
7. Wrapping Up
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.