Join Jeff Starr for an in-depth discussion in this video Change and recover passwords, part of WordPress: Developing Secure Sites .
- [Instructor] If you ever lose your password,…that's okay, don't panic.…There are several effective ways…to retrieve and reset lost passwords.…In this video, we'll show you three quick methods…for recovering forgotten WordPress passwords.…In general, there are three ways…to reset the password for any WordPress user.…Method one, change the password via the User Profile page.…Method two, change the password via the Lost Password page,…or method three, change the password directly…via the WordPress database.…
Let's go through each of these methods…beginning with the simplest.…Method one, change your password via the User Profile page.…The first and easiest way to change your password…is to login to the admin area…and visit the User Profile page.…For example, to change the password for WordPress User,…we click on the Edit link,…scroll down and click to generate a new password.…This works great, but what if you…can't login to the admin area?…If you forget your password, it's going to be…pretty hard to login and change it,…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.