You can set the site language of your WordPress site during install or at any time via Settings > General > Language. You can set the language of WordPress admin for each individual user by going to that user's profile and changing the Language setting.
- [Instructor] The site I'll be working with…throughout this course…has been configured to show the Admin Panel…in American English.…You can choose to set your Admin Panel to display content…in any of the 180 different languages…and locales supported by WordPress.…In other words, you can configure WordPress…to speak your language.…So, let me show you how that works.…When you first set up your WordPress site,…you were given an option to set the site language.…This defines the language displayed in the Admin Panel…and also sets the language on the front end,…so if you choose American English like me,…search engines and browsers will recognize…your published content as American English…even if it's written in some other language like Norwegian,…so it's important to set the site language…to the actual language used…when content is published to the front end.…
To change the site language,…go to Settings and General.…From here, scroll down to the Site Language option…and use the dropdown to select any…of the available languages and as you can see,…
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.