Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Create a custom post type for reviews, part of WordPress: Custom Post Types and Taxonomies.
…Now that you've seen me create an advanced custom post type…within my plugin, I want you to try to do the same.…So here's what I want you to do.…Create a new custom post type with the name Reviews.…This custom post type should be available both from the…Admin and from the front end, like most custom post types.…I want you to add in an icon of…your choice from Dashicons to the menu, this custom…post type should have all the standard features that…a regular post has including title, editor, author, comments, etc.…
And finally, I want this custom post type…to be organized using both categories and tags.…This challenge should take you no more than five minutes.…And if you look at the existing code and also look at the register post type…documentation on the WordPress codex, you have all…the information you need to complete the challenge.…Once you've completed the challenge, jump to the next…movie where I'll show you how I solved this challenge.…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
Creating a basic plugin3m 21s
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.