Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge 1, part of WordPress Themes: Customizing Themes with Genesis.
- [Instructor] Alright, we've covered a fair amount…of material at this point,…and I think it's time for a challenge.…Your mission is to identify all of the actions…that occur within the genesis_standard_loop.…The answer is in the genesis framework files, themselves.…Take about five minutes, and I'll see you with the answer.…
- Setting the stage for your customization
- Selecting a child theme to customize
- The core of the Genesis framework
- Child theme template structure
- Action hooks and filters in WordPress and Genesis
- Editing theme files
- Editing the style sheet
- Working with functions
- Adding a custom header image
- Registering a widget area
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Stage for Your Customization
2. Explaining Genesis and WordPress
3. Editing Theme Files
4. Working with the Loop
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.