The WordPress REST API does not recognize new custom fields unless you explicitly tell it to. CMB2 makes registering new REST API fields easy.
- [Instructor] At this point, you're probably…thinking to yourself, "I thought this was…"a course about the WordPress REST API.…"But so far, we have not seen the REST API…"or interacted with it in any way."…That is correct, so let's fix it.…Now that we've added a task custom post type…and custom metaboxes to that custom post type,…it's a good time to go to the REST API…and check what kind of output we're getting.…Before we check it, you have to have two things in place.…First of all under Plugins, make sure…JSON Basic Authentication is installed…and activated so you can login and see private tasks.…
Second, make sure you have Postman installed…on your computer so you can open it…and see what you're seeing right here.…This is the application we'll use to interact…with the REST API.…Now, login as yourself.…Go to Tasks and add a new task.…Here, we're just going to fill in some standard contents.…We can see all the fields in the REST API.…Once you've filled out your new task,…go to Visibility, change the setting…from public to private, click OK,…
- Planning the application
- Extending WordPress with a plugin
- Setting up the standalone application
- Configuring OAuth 2 in WordPress
- Building the task list view
- Building the new task view
- Creating a new task via the REST API
- Displaying conditional content
- Visualizing data using Graph.js
Skill Level Advanced
1. Plan the Application
2. Extend WordPress with a Plugin
3. Set Up the Standalone Application
Review of user flow2m 34s
4. Build the Task List View
5. Build the New Task View
6. Build the Update/View Task View
7. Bonus Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.