Now that you know how easy it is to…create new custom taxonomies, let's dive a little deeper…and see how we can use labels and arguments…to change the behavior and appearance of our custom taxonomies.…First of all, I want you to go to the…function reference page within the WordPress Codex for register taxonomy.…Here, like with register polls type, we find all the…arguments we can use to change the behavior of a taxonomy.…And again, when you're looking for a specific…behavior this is where you want to look.…
You can also find examples of how you can…use the custom taxonomies and here again, we have…a standard example and the example within this course…is an altered version of what you see here.…But most importantly, if you scroll all the way…to the bottom, you see the list of reserved terms.…Because just like with the custom post types,…where we already had five different post types…that were predefined by WordPress, there's a long…list of taxonomies that are already defined by WordPress.…So when you create a new taxonomy, it's very important that you don't…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
Q: This course was updated on 06/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the Custom Post Type UI plugin; creating custom taxonomies; exporting and importing custom post types, taxonomies, and settings; and making custom post types and custom taxonomies available from the REST API.
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
8. Tying Custom Post Types and Taxonomies to a theme
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.