Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Building out an advanced custom post type, part of WordPress: Custom Post Types and Taxonomies.
Like I said in the previous movie, the custom post…that I've created for testimonials so far is very basic.…And it's not taking advantage of the functionality that we…have available to us when we create a custom post type.…So now we're going to add a new set of arguments and a…new set of labels to fully customize this particular custom post type.…What I want to do is first of all, move the post type itself up…directly under post, and also swap out the…icon so that it's clearly separate from posts.…I want to add new labels so that where ever you are within…WordPress admin, when you're working with…testimonials it clearly says that its working…with testimonials, and I want to disable most of the functionality within the…post type, because for this post type, I don't want to have excerpts.…
Or discussions.…Or comments.…Or categories of tags or anything else.…I just need the title, the post comment, and the post thumbnail.…All of this can be achieved using the…arguments available to you from register post type.…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
Q: This course was updated on 06/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the Custom Post Type UI plugin; creating custom taxonomies; exporting and importing custom post types, taxonomies, and settings; and making custom post types and custom taxonomies available from the REST API.
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
8. Tying Custom Post Types and Taxonomies to a theme
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.