Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Build a reusable import file, part of WordPress Plugins: SEO.
- [Instructor] There's one more feature that will…mostly apply to users who build sites for clients.…We've spent a bit of time setting up…all of these SEO settings.…We can actually export these settings,…clean them up a little, and then import them…into any other site that we're working on.…Then, you won't have to go through…the welcome wizard as most of the settings…will already be configured.…Let's go to Yoast, Tools,…and then Import and Export.…Let's go ahead and go to Export settings,…and then click Export your Yoast SEO settings.…
Once it's done, we can go ahead and open this up.…We can go ahead and unzip this.…Then there should be a settings.ini file.…We can actually open this with a code editor.…I'm going to use Sublime Text.…Now I've increased my font size…so this is easily readable,…but it's not actually that long.…We just need to tweak this a little bit…so that we can remove any settings…that pertain to just this site.…So we can keep things like the version.…On line six, the company logo can go.…
Same thing with on line seven, the name.…
- Considering keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Preventing confusion with tags and categories
- Installing and activating Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. SEO All in One Pack
3. Yoast SEO
4. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.