In this video, create a reusable import file for other sites.
- There's one more feature that I'd like to show off … that mostly applies to users who build sites for clients. … We spent a bit of time setting up all of these SEO settings, … we can actually export these settings, … clean them up a little bit … and then import them into any other site. … Then you won't have to go through that configuration wizard … as most of the settings will already be configured. … Lets go to Yoast SEO, Tools, … Import and Export, and now we can export our settings. … Lets go ahead and click the bright blue button … to export our Yoast settings … and now we can copy and paste this into a code editor so, … copy the whole thing and open up my code editor, … in this case I'm using Atom … but you can use any code editor you want … and paste it in. … We just need to tweak this a little bit … so that it can be reused for future sites. … We're going to keep all of the general settings … but we can erase … all of the information that's unique to the site. … So, I'll scroll down, on line 12 I'll get rid of site type, …
- Keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Installing Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 38m Intermediate
1. SEO Principles
2. All in One SEO Pack
3. WordPress SEO by Yoast
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast Settings
5. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.