There are two main block controls: the block toolbar and the block properties panel. The block toolbar gives you inline control over display features and settings. The block properties panel gives you contextual control over each block. The tools and settings available change based on the block currently in focus.
- [Instructor] Each block has configuration options, … and properties you can access by selecting the block. … They are found in the block toolbar … which appears above the individual block, … and in the block properties panel in the sidebar. … The block toolbar generally holds features … and functions related to the display … of the block and also a configuration … of the contents within the block, … so in this paragraph block … we have text alignments, bold, italicized, link, … and strikethrough. … In the button block we have the button alignment, … so these align the buttons left, center and right. … In the heading block we can choose the heading level … and also set bold ,italicized, link, … and strikethrough, and in an image block … we have advanced image alignment, … so left, center, right, wide and full with. … The options in the block toolbar our conditional … on what type of block you're currently looking at, … and the same thing is true for … the block properties panel in the sidebar. …
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.