WordPress ships with a long list of blocks out of the box, and plugins can add additional blocks. The Block Manager gives you control over what blocks are available in the editor.
- [Instructor] Out of the box WordPress ships … with a myriad of different blocks … and there's a good chance you'll add plugins … to your site which introduce even more blocks … which may lead to a bit of block overload … especially when opening and using the block selectors. … To address this issue WordPress 5.2 … introduced the Block Manager tool. … You find it under the menu, in the top right hand corner, … under Tools and Block Manager. … The Block Manager does exactly what its name suggests, … it helps you manage what blocks are available to you. … From the Block Manager active blocks are marked as checked … and you can uncheck whatever block … you don't want to work with. … You can uncheck individual blocks or groups of blocks. … So for example if you don't want … to have the embeds blocks available … you can simply uncheck the entire embeds group. … Once unchecked the block will disappear from the editor. … Let me show you what I mean. … I'll close the Block Manager … and then I'll create a new block here …
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.