Explore some best practices with all forms in this video.
- [Instructor] Before we go deep into the features … in setting up each form, it's important to cover … some of the best practices that will help you, … no matter what plugin you use. … There are entire books written about designing forms, … which we're not going to cover here. … But I have designed my fair share of forms, … some from scratch and some with plugins, … so I'm going to share the most important rules of thumb. … The first is that the more fields you have, … the more likely the user will abandon your form. … People don't like filling out information, … they want to do the minimum amount of work … necessary to solve their problem. … So if you're asking for demographic data, … like how old they are, … when it's not necessary, … there's chance they'll abandon your form … and never finish it. … The trick is to only ask … for absolutely necessary information … to get as many form responses as possible. … Now, there is a flip side to this. … Let's say you get 50 leads a month … from the contact form, …
- Choosing the right plugin for you
- Best practices with forms
- Mitigating email deliverability problems
- Using Jetpack, Ninja Forms, and Gravity Forms
- Creating and adding a basic form
- Creating extra fields
- Using conditional logic in your form
- Creating a landing page
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Pluginswith Patrick Rauland2h 26m Intermediate
1. An Introduction to Contact Forms
2. Using Jetpack Contact Form
3. Using Ninja Forms
4. Using Gravity Forms
5. Building a Landing Page
Create a landing page4m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.