For small classes, adding students one at a time may be easy enough, but learn how to use a plugin to that will allow you to import all of your students from a csv file.
- [Voiceover] To distribute information…out to your students via your WordPress course pages,…you're all set, but to get the most…out of the environment, your students…will need to have accounts on your course page.…This will give you the ability to restrict…content to only members of your course…and allow them to easily participate…in engaging discussions on your sites.…There are many ways to accomplish…setting up accounts for your students.…In WordPress in the Classroom,…we looked at using feed WordPress to subscribe…to each of the student blogs…and that automatically created the accounts in the process.…
You could also create accounts one by one…for each student and assign them…to the appropriate courses like we saw in the last chapter,…but that can be a bit tedious.…A better way is to use a plugin that allows…us to import users from a CSV file…and assign them to a course site.…From the network admin plugins page,…add a new plugin and search for import users…from CSV with meta.…Install it…and network activate it.…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.