Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic theme configuration, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- Most modern WordPress themes…now ship with support for the theme customizer.…This makes it easy for you to customize…the appearance and behavior of your theme…right from the front end of your site.…And you can see what happens…as you change these customizations…before you publish them to the web.…Now, one of the things that the customizer allows me to do…is change the display of the menu.…And as you can see,…that is something we have to do on the site…because currently we have the default menu,…which is in alphabetical order,…while what we want is our custom menu,…which is in the order we want.…
To get to the customizer,…you can go to the front end of your site.…It doesn't really matter which page you're on.…And I navigate to the WordPress toolbar…and select Customize.…This opens the theme customizer,…and what you're looking at now,…here on the right-hand side,…is no longer the live website,…but rather a custom version of the live website…where you can experiment…with different customization options…until you get everything exactly right,…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?
A: Visit http://pieregister.com/ and follow the download and installation instructions.
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.