- [Narrator] Keeping current backups…is the most important thing you can to do protect your site.…It's like your site's life insurance policy.…In a worst-case situation, having current backup files…means you can get everything back up and running.…Of course, the easiest way…to backup everything with WordPress,…is to do it automatically with a plugin.…There are several, good backup plugins available,…but the most powerful, flexible, and popular…is called UpdraftPlus.…Let's check it out from the Add Plugins screen…in the WordPress Admin area.…
After a quick search, here is UpdraftPlus listed…in the plugin directory.…Feel free to read through the plugin description…and other information.…This is a solid plugin that's become very popular.…Check out these stats.…Over 800,000 active installs,…and over 2,000 positive ratings,…4.9 out of five stars.…It doesn't get much better than that.…UpdraftPlus is already installed on this demo site,…so let's go ahead and activate the plugin.…Here on the plugin's page, we click Activate…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.