Join Jeff Starr for an in-depth discussion in this video Audit your WordPress site, part of WordPress: Developing Secure Sites .
- [Narrator] In this video, we're going to do sort of…a live security audit on our demo site.…This walkthrough will hit the most important points,…and provide a good overview that should help bring together…a lot of what we've been talking about in this course.…Let's start in the Admin area.…Now, some of these setting are optional,…depending on what you're doing with your site.…But, I want to bring them to your attention,…just to be safe.…First, in the General Settings,…check the option anyone can register.…Make sure this is unchecked,…unless you want to allow open registration.…
Then, in the Discussion Settings,…scroll down to the section that says…before a comment appears.…There are two useful settings here for controlling comments.…These are definitely something to be aware of.…Here in the Reading Settings,…we want to make sure that…search engine visibility is unchecked.…Leaving this unchecked allows Google…and other search engines to access your site.…Next up, on the Plugins screen,…make sure that all of your plugins are current,…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.