Assigning new capabilities to select roles gives you full control over what users can do on a WordPress site. Here's how.
- [Instructor] Working with custom roles and capabilities…gives you full control over who can do what on the site,…and with its data.…For Passbook, I want the task logger role…to have a very limited set of capabilities.…A task logger should only be able to create, edit,…and read their own private tasks, nothing else.…No creating or editing posts or pages or anything else.…The only roles who can delete tasks…are editors and administrators.…Before we get into the code, let me show you…what capabilities the task logger role currently has…now that we've created it.…
On my site, you see I currently have one account, that's me,…with a role of administrator.…I'll add a new account, maiken,…give maiken a fake email address.…Set the weakest password in the world,…because this is just on my computer,…and I need to log in and out 100 times,…and finally set the role to task logger.…Now I can boot up an incognito window,…and log into the same site.…
I'll try to log in as maiken.…And what you'll see is when I'm logged in using…
- Planning the application
- Extending WordPress with a plugin
- Setting up the standalone application
- Configuring OAuth 2 in WordPress
- Building the task list view
- Building the new task view
- Creating a new task via the REST API
- Displaying conditional content
- Visualizing data using Graph.js
Skill Level Advanced
1. Plan the Application
2. Extend WordPress with a Plugin
3. Set Up the Standalone Application
Review of user flow2m 34s
4. Build the Task List View
5. Build the New Task View
6. Build the Update/View Task View
7. Bonus Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.