Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying custom taxonomy terms to posts, part of WordPress: Custom Post Types and Taxonomies.
…With our three new custom taxonomies set up.…It's time to apply different taxonomy terms to each of our…review posts, so that we can sort them based on their content.…So here, I've created a series…of different taxonomy terms, like content generation.…A line, free, happy, hungry, sweet and so…on and apply them to the different reviews.…Adding taxonomy terms is done the exact same way you…would add categories or tags to any of your content.…
You can either go into any of your reviews, scroll down.…And then find for instance, type a product or service, and either…select from the list, or add a new type of product or…service, or even add a type of product or service with a…parent, and the same goes for price ranges and also for moods.…Although with moods, it works the same way as tags.…You simply type in your moods with comma separation.…Or select from the most used moods.…Once you've created new terms, you can also edit them…exactly as you would edit your categories or your tags.…
Simply by going to Reviews and then…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
Creating a basic plugin3m 21s
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.