Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Analyze WooCommerce settings, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] We're going to add settings…to our own plug-in, but before we do,…it's worth looking at exactly how…Woocommerce display settings in the admin.…There isn't any official documentation on this,…so you have to dig into the code to understand it.…I'll go to Woocommerce, includes, admin,…and then wc-admin-functions.…And then I'll scroll down until I get to…Woocommerce admin fields.…
On line 135, this function is…Woocommerce's own API for adding admin settings.…In this function you can see that it accepts a parameter,…here called options,…and that parameter is an array of fields…that we want to display on the settings page.…The function first checks if another class exists…with the same name,…another instance of defensive coding, good job.…And then it's calling a static function right down here.…That's what the double colon means.…Now you've likely seen static functions before,…but just as a refresher,…you tend to see static functions…used as utility functions like formatting a string,…printing something to the screen, or doing some math.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.