Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Allowing only invited guests to register with Pie-Register, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- When I visit the site as a new user,…I now only have access to the content…I'm supposed to have access to.…The wedding info and RSVP page are hidden…and only available for registered wedding guests,…which begs an obvious question.…How do we get the invited wedding guests…to register on the site?…And just as importantly, how do we prevent…others from doing the same?…Here, it's important to understand…how Wordpress handles new user registrations.…So, I'm gonna jump from my incognito window,…where I'm not logged in to my regular browser window,…where I am logged in and show you…the registration settings for Wordpress.…
If you go to the Admin panel of your site…and go down to settings and then General…and scroll down just a little bit,…you'll see down here, we have an option that says membership…and it's checked off as Anyone can register.…This is a default setting for Wordpress…and it means anyone who comes to the site…will be able to register and get a user account.…Directly underneath membership,…you have another option that says…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.