- Actions and filters explained
- Identifying available hooks and filters
- Looking at load order
- Understanding callback functions
- Creating custom hooks
- Using third-party hooks
- Building a new WordPress plugin with filters and actions
Skill Level Advanced
- [Carrie] Howdy, I'm Carrie Dils and I'd like to welcome you to this course on WordPress Action and Filter Hooks. The course is intended to be two part. The first half covers an introduction to the WordPress plugin API and the basic principles of how actions and filters work. We'll build a simple plugin together to demonstrate some of these principles. Now if you're already familiar with the core concepts of working with Hooks in WordPress, feel free to skip ahead to chapter three, where we'll start to cover things in more depth, such as how to utilize WordPress documentation, discover what hooks are available for you to use, and the important role that load order plays.
We'll even build another plugin together that creates some real world functionality. Whether you're a seasoned developer that's never worked with WordPress, or you're a veteran of WordPress, just looking for a deeper understanding of the software, there's something in this course for you. If you're ready to get movin', saddle up your horses and let's hit the trail.