Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced CSS debugging and configuration, part of WordPress: Building Progressive Themes with WP Rig.
- [Instructor] Because your theme uses several … different modular style sheets and some … of those style sheets import the content from partials, … it's important to know how to find out what file … holds a specific style rule so you can edit it directly. … The build process has accounted for this scenario … by generating source maps for each style sheet. … These source maps are available to the browser, … so when you open the dev tools of any browser, … in my case Firefox, and inspect an element … like this container up here, … the browser will tell you where that … particular rule sits in the original style sheets. … So, here we have the main about the class site main. … And up here you see there's a rule, site main … that has property applied from page.css on line three. … Now this functionality extends to partials as well. … So if I scroll down a bit, you'll see down here, … we have the typography rule that sets … the font color and font family and so on. … And that's defined in underscored typography.css. …
- Setting up a WordPress theme development environment
- Installing WP Rig
- Building, activating, and testing a new progressive theme
- Editing CSS
- Using web fonts
- Editing existing templates
- Adding advanced features
- Translating a theme
Skill Level Beginner
WP Rig: A primer2m 5s
1. Configure a Development Environment for WP Rig
2. Install and Configure WP Rig
4. PHP and WordPress Templates
6. Extending WP Rig: A Practical Example
7. Going Further with WP Rig
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.